As a payment processor, we are participating in two different ways:
For face-to-face sales our Point of Sale terminals and PIN Pads accept contactless payments, including Apple Pay's Near Field Communication (NFC) transactions so you'll be able to accept Apple Pay payments in person. This is where one of your customers wants to use their iPhone or Apple watch to pay you by tapping it against the screen of your contactless enabled terminal or PIN Pad.
In Canada, Apple Pay supports payment for MasterCard, Visa and American Express cards as well as Interac debit cards, on cards issued by selected financial institutions. For a list of the most current participating banks and financial institutions, please visit Apple’s Apple Pay webpage.
If you're an existing Chase Paymentech customer who wants to discuss upgrading to an NFC-capable terminal, call Merchant Support at 1.800.265.5158. If you're interested in learning more about Chase Paymentech and how we can help you accept the latest in payments, complete this form or contact Sales at 1.866.833.8182.1
- For in-app sales - We worked with Apple to provide a payment Software Development Kit (SDK), which includes all the code developers need to implement the Apple Pay digital wallet into mobile apps. This is where you (the merchant) have a mobile app for your customers to make purchases from. If you are already a Chase Paymentech customer, you could have your developer implement the Apple Pay SDK in your mobile app and be ready to accept payments. To download the SDK:
- Visit our Developer Center
- Log-in with your existing credentials if you are a return user, or register a profile if you are new user
- Navigate to the 'Catalog' menu and click on the Apple SDK link under the Apple Pay Library section
If you want to accept payments in an iOS app, there are really two paths for you:
- Have an app already? - Get your app developer to download the SDK and start working to integrate it into your existing app.
- Want to build an app? - Find a developer. After you contract with a mobile app developer, we can help provide the SDK for the Apple Pay integration.
1. All merchants are required to complete a more detailed application, and agree to terms and conditions, at the time of enrollment. All merchants are subject to credit approval.
Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.